Awesome

Friday, August 19, 2011

Storage for Embellishments


Three are so many different options out there for embellishments now. There are buttons, brads, gems, stickers, die cuts, and so much more!

I have seen lots of ideas for storing embellishments like stickers and die cuts… ranting from three ring binders with basic page protectors that you just drop in the sticker genera (christmas, baby, etc.), to drawers, to baskets that you pile everything into, to hanging file folders. There is also something called the ScrapRack… it’s kinda like a three ring binder on crack! :)
It all depends on how you organize and how you scrap! If you love to look through everything all at once while digging and searching, then drawers or baskets are for you; but if you are really organized you can get things filed into a binder or folder with subcategories and everything! I have seen some pretty crazy organized systems. Three is even a filing system that you just clip up your stickers and spin the rack around to see all you have. It looks a bit like a tie rack to me…
I personally use the basket system. I am not organized enough to have seperate folders for each category and I don’t like the folders what you have to cut your stickers up to get them in the slots. I tried the Creative Memories that has a clear folder you put stickers into. I really like seeing everything all at once!
Close to my Heart has organizers for brads and buttons that I love. It is a case with like 50 little spots for round clear craft jars. They just pop right in and you can see what you have and what you need to go out and buy! They also have ribbon organizers but they are hard to find now that they have been retired. They sell their ribbon differently than they used to... 
Speaking of ribbon, I couldn't really find a good product so I just made some with cardboard display boxes I got free from stores and 1/4" dowels from the craft store. You could use new unsharpened pencils too if you want. Just insert the rolls of ribbon onto the dowel and voila! you have organized your stash!
There are lots of different kinds of embellishment storage… what kind do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment