Awesome

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Technique Thursday Glitter Glue


So I have a new thing I want to try. I have so many little techniques that I like to try and if I get to share them with others, I’ll be more likely to use them! So here goes…
Technique #1
Glitter Glue
This one is pretty easy and I have recently fallen in love with Stickles. Stickles are a no-mess glitter glue (gg) and they come in many different colors; at least 35! With that kind of variety you can match most of your pages or cards you do. There are other kinds of gg out there you can get at Craft Warehouse, JoAnn Fabrics and Hobby Lobby, to name a few. I have found that the gg you can get in the dollar bin are not the best. They don’t flow out of the bottle nicely, and they glob up and don’t spread very well. I like Stickles the best so far!
The technique is really easy. You can gg over a stamped image, on a die cut or directly on the paper to create your own design. You can glitter on chipboard shapes, buttons, brads and stickers. It’s pretty endless as to what you can gg on and I’m ready to try them all! Glitter Glue really gives a fun sparkle to most anything without adding the bulk of gems.
Here I stamped a butterfly image from CTMH and went over it with two colors of gg. You need to wait until the ink from the stamp has dried enough so the ink doesn’t run or blend with the glue. After I applied the gg, I set it aside for a long time to dry. This is important, because if you mess with it too soon, you can smear the glue all over and it makes quite a mess. After it is completely dry, you can apply it to your project and voila! you are finished!
Check out my product page and see other cards I have used gg. Good luck trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment